Thursday, September 4, 2008

Am I getting old?

I'm freaking tired. I've been working too much and not getting enough sleep. I suppose the sleep part is mostly my fault. It's just that The Daily Show and Colbert Report are so damn funny during election season.

I'm working in Park City right now. We're finishing out a 17-plex of condos. They're fun to work on but the drive is so long---nearly 3 hours a day. Good thing I've got my CNG van so the fuel doesn't break my bank. For those of you who aren't familiar with finish carpentry, look around your house or the building you're currently in. See the doors? I hang those. See the base moldings? Fancy trim? Crown moldings? Window sills? Yeah, that's me. Have any guard rail or stair railing? I do that too. Oh, you know the shelving in your closets? Yup. That's my job. It's fun. I get to use a little creativity and some math. Construction isn't just for dumb people or drug addicts. However, I don't think it's a permanent place for me; I don't feel like it's my niche.

My current plan is to get back over to UVU and finish my degree in a year. (B.S. in Bio-chemistry). After that, I'll try to complete P.A. school and then I'll go work for one or some doctors.

I'll bet you're all wondering what I thought of McCain's acceptance speech. Well, to be honest, I only caught about the last 6 or 7 minutes---you know where he was sort of yelling like a preacher. Actually, I thought it was good at that point. The message of, "If you don't like what's going on in the country, do something about it," totally resonates with me. Problem is, for me, McCain and Palin aren't believable as sincere reformers. I'm also sick to death of their personal attacks and jabs at the other side of the race. For some reason, I find Obama's intentions to be purer and truer. So, he's got my vote and I've got his bumper sticker.

Well, short and sweet tonight. I've got to get some sleep. If I can drift off in under an hour, I'll miss John Stewart and Stephen Colbert and end up with an extra hour of sleep tonight. Will I do it? Well, I can only give it 1:1 odds for now.

Good night.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

You're not getting old. You are just a hard worker and I am so grateful for you. I'm so sorry you've had to work so much lately, but I hope you know how much it means to me and I wish you didn't have to! You are the best husband a girl could ever ask for and you are going to be a pretty awesome dad. Jericho and I are very lucky to have you. I love you

Wade The Rascal said...

Now that's way more credit than I deserve. Working extra is the least I can do.

Kari said...

Tivo has saved my sleep schedule, well it should but sometimes I just stay up late catching up on missed shows. Daily Show and Colbert Report are definitely hard to pass up when elections are looming. It makes me feel a little better after I heard that in the last presidential election, fans of the Daily Show were more informed about the issues than people that just watched "real" news shows. Best present I ever received that Tivo. (hope you don't mind all my comments today)